Posted: December 2nd, 2012 |
Author: Chad Howse |
Filed under: Alpha Male, Be Legendary
Tags: 2012 man's man of the year, chad howse, man's man, man's man of the year, man's man of the year 2012, real man, real man of the year |
Comments: 10 »
The Man’s Man of the Year
A man’s man is that guy who inspires. He’s an archetype. A leader. But not just a leader of those who follow at every opportunity. He’s a leader of leaders. He’s the leader of men who are as strong as he is. They look to him for inspiration. For guidance.
We, men, leaders in our own rite, applaud the man’s man successes. A real man isn’t jealous nor envious. With that said, if we do have a tendency to be envious of what others accomplish, it’s impossible to have jealousy for what he is and has accomplished. He’s too damn good at what he does, who he is, and he’s too damn good of a guy to want anything other than incredible success for him. He works too hard and he puts so much into what he does to have anything other than respect for him. After all, he gives us more than we give him.
I found out who the Man’s Man of the Year was in September.
On a cold and rainy night in Brooklyn, a good buddy of mine – Sean Hyson (check out his site) – and I embarked on a pilgrimage. We braved the elements. We walked. We took trains. We reminisced and laughed, all the while he tried his best to prepare me for what I was about to experience. Not witness, but experience.
I make that clarification on purpose. When you see this man. When he performs. You’re not watching. You’re a part of the production. Somehow he connects with you, personally, as well as the 60,000 others standing, singing, here for the very same reason.
Sean tried to prepare me, but there was nothing he could have said to make me realize that I wasn’t just going to a concert. And so, on November the 26th, as I embarked on the same pilgrimage, this time with my parents, I tried to convey the same message to them. Now it was I who would try and explain to them what they were about to experience. But it wasn’t that easy. I was trying to tell a 68 (sorry Mom) year-young woman, and a 58-year Old Man, both of whom never attend concerts, that they were about to experience something unlike anything else they’ve ever experienced. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: November 1st, 2012 |
Author: Chad Howse |
Filed under: Alpha Male, Manliness
Tags: Alpha Male, be an alpha male, characteristics of an alpha male, guide to being a man's man, how to be a man's man, how to be an alpha male, how to become an alpha male, man's man, real guy, real man, the alpha male |
Comments: 82 »
Characteristics of a Real Man
The Alpha Male, the real man, a man’s man, a warrior, a stand-up guy. It doesn’t matter what you call him, he’s a leader, the guy others look to for motivation, inspiration, and often with a hint of jealousy. He’s the man women want, without inention the center of attention.
He’s the guy, the man.
Here’s 25 characteristics that make a man the alpha. Leave your additions (or subtractions) in the comments section.
1. The alpha male is persistent. There’s no quit in this man. He’s the tortose not the hare. He’s the last man standing.
2. The alpha male can defend himself and his family. He can handle himself with his fists, to put it another way.
3. The alpha male is in peak physical shape. He’s strong and athletic as well as aesthetically pleasing to the opposite sex.
If you need help in this area, check out this video —> build lean muscle
4. The alpha male is courageous. He doesn’t lack fear, rather, he accepts that it exists and faces it at every opportunity.
5. The alpha male can entertain. He has a sense of humor and can have a group of people hanging on his every word – he’s a good story teller.
6. The alpha male has stories to tell. He’s lived – and is living – a unique life. He’s made mistakes, but he’s able to find humor in them. He’s had adventures that everyone wants to hear about.
7. The alpha male can laugh at himself. This is an over-looked characteristic of an alpha male, but a ne
cessary one. You can’t make fun of the alpha male because he’ll join in, no one can make fun of him better than he can.
8. The alpha male is humble. Some of this comes from his ability to laugh at himself. No matter what he accomplishes, his head will never balloon, and if it does, he has the ware-with-all to come back down to earth before it gets out of hand.
9. The alpha male is learned, educated. A degree isn’t a prerequisite, but a thirst for knowledge is. He wants to learn, and he does. This helps him relate to people from every social and economic standing. He can converse intelligently with the business man and the preacher. The history buff and the sports nut.
10. The alpha male is a man’s man. He’s a hard guy not to like or want to have a beer with. He’s tough, often quiet, composed, but can joke and shoot the shit with anyone. Read the rest of this entry »