Posted: November 1st, 2012 |
Author: Chad Howse |
Filed under: Alpha Male, Manliness
Tags: Alpha Male, be an alpha male, characteristics of an alpha male, guide to being a man's man, how to be a man's man, how to be an alpha male, how to become an alpha male, man's man, real guy, real man, the alpha male |
Comments: 82 »
Characteristics of a Real Man
The Alpha Male, the real man, a man’s man, a warrior, a stand-up guy. It doesn’t matter what you call him, he’s a leader, the guy others look to for motivation, inspiration, and often with a hint of jealousy. He’s the man women want, without inention the center of attention.
He’s the guy, the man.
Here’s 25 characteristics that make a man the alpha. Leave your additions (or subtractions) in the comments section.
1. The alpha male is persistent. There’s no quit in this man. He’s the tortose not the hare. He’s the last man standing.
2. The alpha male can defend himself and his family. He can handle himself with his fists, to put it another way.
3. The alpha male is in peak physical shape. He’s strong and athletic as well as aesthetically pleasing to the opposite sex.
If you need help in this area, check out this video —> build lean muscle
4. The alpha male is courageous. He doesn’t lack fear, rather, he accepts that it exists and faces it at every opportunity.
5. The alpha male can entertain. He has a sense of humor and can have a group of people hanging on his every word – he’s a good story teller.
6. The alpha male has stories to tell. He’s lived – and is living – a unique life. He’s made mistakes, but he’s able to find humor in them. He’s had adventures that everyone wants to hear about.
7. The alpha male can laugh at himself. This is an over-looked characteristic of an alpha male, but a ne
cessary one. You can’t make fun of the alpha male because he’ll join in, no one can make fun of him better than he can.
8. The alpha male is humble. Some of this comes from his ability to laugh at himself. No matter what he accomplishes, his head will never balloon, and if it does, he has the ware-with-all to come back down to earth before it gets out of hand.
9. The alpha male is learned, educated. A degree isn’t a prerequisite, but a thirst for knowledge is. He wants to learn, and he does. This helps him relate to people from every social and economic standing. He can converse intelligently with the business man and the preacher. The history buff and the sports nut.
10. The alpha male is a man’s man. He’s a hard guy not to like or want to have a beer with. He’s tough, often quiet, composed, but can joke and shoot the shit with anyone. Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: June 26th, 2012 |
Author: Chad Howse |
Filed under: Manliness
Tags: a man's man, chad howse, definition of a real man, how to be a man's man, how to be a real man, real man, real man characteristics, real man definition, real man list, what is a mans man |
Comments: 53 »
100 Things A Real Man Doesn’t Do
What is a man? Biologically we know he has a braciole, balls, and hair under his arms. But what makes a real man? Our society is filled with men who aren’t real men. It’s also filled with guys like you and I, who aspire real men, but we don’t always know what that entails.
To identify what a real man is, we’ll look at what he isn’t.
Each of the things a man doesn’t do in the list are not done for the betterment of himself, and those around him. Some of the things on the list are serious, others should be taken with a grain of salt.
Many of them I don’t do, but others I struggle with, and I’m guessing there a few that you struggle with as well. That doesn’t mean we’re not men.
One thing a man isn’t, is perfect. We’re always a work in progress.
There’s necessity in our mistakes. We need them to evolve. We need them to learn, to develop thick skin, and an idea of the kind of guy we’re going to become. Without mistakes we’ll never develop character, toughness, and our own, unique identity.
I write this article as one who is learning how to, and trying to become a better man. Understand that it’s a process that may never be complete. All we can do is try out very best, maintain the right mindset and improve everyday. With that said, let us get into it.
- A real man doesn’t whine.
- A real man doesn’t worry about that which he can’t control.
- A real man doesn’t fear the loss of love. He’s secure in his relationships.
- A real man doesn’t wish he was walking in another man’s shoes.
- A real man doesn’t watch more than an hour of TV on average everyday.
- A real man doesn’t binge drink. Oh, he drinks. He just doesn’t over drink… very often.
- A real man doesn’t overeat.
- A real man doesn’t cheat… on his lady, or at anything in life.
- A real man doesn’t look to others to place blame. He’s quick to accept responsibility for what he’s done wrong, and pass along praise to others when something is done right.
- A real man doesn’t complain.
- A real man doesn’t hate.
- A real man doesn’t wish the downfall of a competitor. He’s confident in his own talents. He doesn’t need another to fail for him to succeed.
- A real man doesn’t get jealous.
- A real man doesn’t spend more than 10 minutes of non-business related time on Facebook in a day. Ever.
- A real man doesn’t quit. Ever. At anything.
- A real man doesn’t do or say anything out of spite.
- A real man doesn’t do something that benefits him but degrades or diminishes another.
- A real man doesn’t ever raise his hand to a lady.
- A real man doesn’t use people.
- A real man doesn’t ask for directions. He gets lost, swears up a storm, hits his steering wheel, but he doesn’t ask for directions.
- A real man doesn’t hesitate to come to the aid of someone in need, even if he puts his own health at risk.
- A real man doesn’t judge. He also doesn’t stand idly by as a friend ruins his own life. He’s man enough to jump in and bring a halt to the destructive behavior.
- A real man doesn’t let vices run his life.
- A real man doesn’t neglect his own health. He also doesn’t let his family neglect theirs either.
- A real man doesn’t take himself too seriously.
- A real man doesn’t shy away from competition.
- A real man doesn’t answer his phone when on a date.
- A real man doesn’t sleep more than 8 hours a night.
- A real man doesn’t pout.
- A real man doesn’t feel sorry for himself, ever.
- A real man doesn’t fail to be honest with himself. He isn’t blind to his weaknesses and what can contribute to his failure.
- A real man doesn’t let failure deter his effort or persistence.
- A real man doesn’t run from his problems he faces them head on. The same can be said for his fears.
- A real man doesn’t envy another’s success.
- A real man doesn’t live beyond his means.
- A real man doesn’t let a woman change who he is – for the worse.